Pages: 1 | Index | Next >>
Author Comment
Electrohead
Newcomer
Loc: Philadelphia PA

(01/07/10 04:16 AM)

Edit - Reply

Yamaha pulling the plug..... again.....
After receiving an email regarding a post, the link redirected to a site dedicated to Yamaha hard disk recorders- Awinspire.com
It seems that Yamaha is pulling the plug on 01xray. It looks like they're folding it into Awinspire. This is truly an insult to both the users and to our beloved machine. Not to mention the fact that stand alone hard disk recorders are an obsolete technology themselves. How long til they pull the plug on that site?
Yamaha wanted Mlan to become the industry standard. It didn't happen because, in large part, their software support was so bad. So they're pulling the plug on the last resource for the users of this fantastic little machine.
I own a dozen or so Yamaha synths, instruments and mixers. Hell, I've even got a Yamaha motorcycle and 3 Yamaha Waverunners!
Even though I'm in a band with endorsement deals from some of Yamaha's competitors, I continued to pay full price for their products.
No more.

My days as a loyal Yamaha customer, are over.

XP sp2, Pentium 4 - Old Skool !!

Post Extras:

ElmerJFudd
Guru
Loc: USA

(01/07/10 07:19 AM)

Edit - Reply

Re: Yamaha pulling the plug..... again.....
I don't think necessarily that your interpretation is accurate. I'm not saying Yamaha isn't pulling the plug on 01Xray, but I wouldn't take your re-directed link as a hint of that.

01xray is a site developed and operated by Keyfax.
http://www.keyfaxnewmedia.com/portfolio.php

You will see that Keyfax actually has a very close relationship with Yamaha. They do many product support sites for Yamaha as well as other clients. I would be curious to know wether 01Xray's existence is in fact continually supported (financially) by Yamaha, or if Keyfax continues to keep the site live hoping for sales from the 01Xray e-store. I do not know what their agreement is at this point.

Also, I've done searches on Keyfax's various Yamaha sites and have strangely found results that kicked me over to awinspire or motifator. I haven't noticed that lately though.

White MacBook '09 (4gb RAM), OSX.5.8, v.1.2 mLAN tools, Logic 9, 01X, S90ES, i88x & i88x

Post Extras:

Electrohead
Newcomer
Loc: Philadelphia PA

(01/07/10 06:35 PM)

Edit - Reply

I sure hope you're right Elmer. I was aware that Keyfax is the host for 01x-Ray, but was surprised to be redirected to the Awinspire site. (As I was again tonight)
I was a bit insulted to see the 01x lumped in with some "legacy" disk recorders. There is no comparing the two. Five years after its introduction and theres still nothing on the market that can compare to it. (Yes, having such a fantastic desk has turned me into a bit of a snob)
Having adopted my 01x so late in the game has been a double edged sword. On one hand I've been really fortunate to have such a great resource as 01x-Ray. Users like yourself have already experienced most of the problems and answered many of the questions I've had. Thank You!
On the other hand, Yamaha discontinued the 01x around the same time I purchased it. Its been very disheartening to see them simply bail on the customers who made such a serious commitment to a piece of gear that is the very core of a studio.
Ultimately, like everyone else, I just want 01x-Ray to continue to be available. If finances are an issue, it's a perfect site for advertising pro audio equipment. Even a minimum of ad revenues could keep the site open indefinitely as the cost of the site is negligible.

Heres hoping 01x-Ray sticks around for a long time...

XP sp2, Pentium 4 - Old Skool !!

Post Extras:

HappyHarryNET
Experienced
Loc: NASAV_studios, USA

(01/09/10 03:42 PM)

Edit - Reply

need i say more

HHNET

OSX58/SL|09MacBook|Logic9|AW4416|Y56K|01X|ARTV3|RodeNT1A|MOTIF_XS|VoiceLive2|Ibanez_2012

Post Extras:

Pages: 1