Pages: 1 Index | Next >>
Author Comment
billjv
Regular

(03/24/05 03:47 PM)

Edit - Reply

Audio Disabled?
Hi all,

I know it's probably something silly I'm doing wrong, but right now I've got the 01x talking with Studio Manager just fine, and yet when in SQ01 it's telling me my audio is disabled. I'm so new to my 01x and SQ01 that I'm not sure where to begin to track down this problem.

Please forgive me if the answer is obvious, or if I haven't provided enough info, or if I could have found the answer in my manual (I have looked and unless I'm overlooking it, I couldn't find an answer there!)

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Post Extras:

Bad_Mister
Guru
Loc: New York, NY

Attachment
(03/25/05 09:21 PM)

Edit - Reply

Re: Audio Disabled?
Disable Audio is found under the SETUP pulldown > Audio (make sure it is not checked)

Post Extras:

billjv
Regular

(03/26/05 05:02 AM)

Edit - Reply

Thanks for the reply, and the screenshot. At this point I should be more specific - the SQ01 software won't let me enable the audio. The "Disable Audio" IS checked, but the software won't let me uncheck it, and the audio reset is greyed out. So basically the software won't give me the opportunity to use audio.

When the software first opens, I get a message box saying "Cannot use audio" or something to that effect. From there it opens the software but audio is disabled and no matter what I seem to do it won't change it.

I'm at a loss as to how to track down this issue. Studio Manager seems to work fine. Anyway, thanks for posting, and thanks in advance to all who might have suggestions....

Bill

Post Extras:

Bad_Mister
Guru

(03/28/05 04:03 AM)

Edit - Reply

What are your settings under AUDIO > DEVICE?

Post Extras:

billjv
Regular

(03/31/05 06:14 PM)

Edit - Reply

Well, it's taken a couple of days but everything seems to be working much better - I had to change over to my desktop system, my laptop just couldn't handle it.

Thanks for the help, it was appreciated!

Bill

Post Extras:

Bad_Mister
Guru

(03/31/05 06:18 PM)

Edit - Reply

Glad to hear you are up and running.

Post Extras:

CharlesM
Regular
Loc: England

(02/07/09 06:32 AM)

Edit - Reply

I know this a really old thread and not sure if anybody is still reading this forum,but i am having this same problem!

After more than a year I have re assembled the core bits of my old studio ES7,01X and Firewire laptop.
Studio Manager works ok but SQ01 cannot see any midi or audio device!

OS - Vista32
mLan = 1.6.3
Studio Manager = 2.1.7
01xEditor 2.1.3
SQ01 = 2.0.9

Also in SQ i can see the plug ins for ES7 Multipart Editor and patchbay but not for 01x editor.

any help would b much appreciated.

thanks

0b1 says to master the force is to channel all your thoughts through 1 single cable

Post Extras:

Bad_Mister
Guru

(02/08/09 12:06 PM)

Edit - Reply

SQ01 does not run in Vista (as far as I know) - Anything that may be working could simply be by chance. I do not believe that engineering has done any testing on using it with Vista.

Yamaha has a Vista compatibility listing here: Windows Vista

As you can see SQ01v2.0.9 is not compatible. You may have to change your DAW software. In the meantime, Yamaha has purchased Steinberg (Jan. 2005) and have been working closely with them on bringing the hardware/software worlds closer together.

Post Extras:

CharlesM
Regular
Loc: England

(02/08/09 02:01 PM)

Edit - Reply

Many thanks, I will continue to test with Steinberg SEQUEL 2.

Can you suggest a method of testing the drivers In and out without the use of a daw on Vista

Many thanks again.

0b1 says to master the force is to channel all your thoughts through 1 single cable

Post Extras:

Pages: 1