Back to 01X_Macintosh

Pages: 1 | Index | Next >>
Author Comment
ElmerJFudd
Guru
Loc: USA

(12/13/09 12:27 PM)

Edit - Reply

Yamaha updates Snow Leopard Support for...
Studio Manager 2 and the Motif ES, S90ES, and the ES Rack editors for SM2. It's pretty clear they have no interest in updating mLAN for Snow Leopard. Nor will they be updating the 01X editor for SM2.

http://www.yamahasynth.com/download/documents/driver_schedule/yamaha_products_driver_schedule_SnowLeopard_20091202.pdf

However, there are a few Snow Leopard users on the forum who say the current mLAN driver is operational with Snow Leopard, and that current versions of SM2 and the 01X editor function.

White MacBook '09 (4gb RAM), OSX.5.8, v.1.2 mLAN tools, Logic 9, 01X, S90ES, i88x & i88x

Post Extras:

valmundo
Enthusiast
Loc: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

(12/13/09 04:48 PM)

Edit - Reply

Re: Yamaha updates Snow Leopard Support for...
My understanding was that Studio Manager and the 01X editor was already working under Snow Leopard right?

Post Extras:

ElmerJFudd
Guru
Loc: USA

(12/14/09 04:57 AM)

Edit - Reply

Re: Yamaha updates Snow Leopard Support for...
"there are a few Snow Leopard users on the forum who say the current mLAN driver is operational with Snow Leopard, and that current versions of SM2 and the 01X editor function."

Perhaps a developer or someone in the know can share with us what happens when Logic 9 goes 64bit.

White MacBook '09 (4gb RAM), OSX.5.8, v.1.2 mLAN tools, Logic 9, 01X, S90ES, i88x & i88x

Post Extras:

HappyHarryNET
Experienced
Loc: NASAV_studios, USA

(01/09/10 03:26 PM)

Edit - Reply

Yamaha Snow Leopard mLAN Support
Absolutely Yamaha SHOULD fully support MacOS SnowLeopard.

If you look in the Logic Studio Pro 9 controller menu, you will find [besides 01X] Yamaha's glorious 01X96VCM which is still selling brand new for $2400 at American Musical Supply and you can buy one on 5-payments without credit !!

With this kind of information and facts still currently in the mix, pardon the pun, it only seems appropriate that Yamaha continue supporting their digital mixers and mLAN drivers for XP, Vista, Windows7 and OSX10.6 this is a no-brainer.

Now, if Yamaha hardware WASN'T LISTED IN NEW SOFTWARE THAT IS AVAILABLE NOW perhaps i would feel different about this. BUT, when i saw 01V96VCM in the Logic menu i got jazzed because i had already researched that mixing console and got excited about the idea of "upgrading" from 01X to 01V perhaps in 2011. And, I probably still will. And, I hope i don't have to, but if i must continue using a legacy OS to run my Yamaha gear, then i suppose i will.

NOTE TO YAMAHA: Please don't misconstrue my previous statement. Yamaha NEEDS to continue supporting 01X, 01V and 02R mLAN drivers for PC and MacOS regardless of what year it is! Many Yamaha gear heads are not planning to jump into some of the new JUNKY controllers that are truly not real mixers, have no DSP and cannot be upgraded.

Enough said.

Happy New Year

HHNET

OSX58/SL|09MacBook|Logic9|AW4416|Y56K|01X|ARTV3|RodeNT1A|MOTIF_XS|VoiceLive2|Ibanez_2012

Post Extras:

valmundo
Enthusiast
Loc: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

(01/09/10 08:16 PM)

Edit - Reply

Re: Yamaha Snow Leopard mLAN Support
Unfortunately, it appears that Yamaha is not MOTU; They do not support their legacy gear.

Since mLAN works for now under Snow leopard (albeit only at 32 bit), I think I can still use my mLAN gear for a little bit longer. However, it is also clear to me that at some point, I will have to discontinue upgrading my computer OS if I wish to continue using my gear.

In the future, this experience will affect my decision on what gear I will buy in the future once it becomes impossible to use what I have now.

Post Extras:

Jore
Regular

(01/09/10 11:49 PM)

Edit - Reply

Valmundo has a point here. 01X has been perfect for me too. I'm happy with it in every way. I guess at some point later this year or early next year we should be living in a 64-bit world and if there is one thing I know, it is that is not going to be any Yamaha stuff that I'll be looking at.

Post Extras:

chrismcc1
Guru

(01/10/10 02:23 AM)

Edit - Reply

Don't bother writing to Yamaha on this forum. They don't read it anymore.

Enjoy your gear while it works and happy new year...

Christian
G52x2.5,OS10.5.6,SX4.1,O1x,I88x

Post Extras:

Pages: 1