Back to 01X_Logic

Pages: 1 Index | Next >>
Author Comment
ricw
Newcomer

(01/10/10 08:48 AM)

Edit - Reply

midi note signals from conroller
Hi - I'm new here but have been an 01x user since it was first launched. After several years of use with Cubase I swapped to Logic 8 last year - brilliant (apart from the "save" light and that's livable with). So it's been working fine until today. Suddenly when I press control keys on 01x (stop, go bank, faders etc.)the midi notes are played by the software instrument connected to the channel.

I've taken it through the set-up again and done the sysex fix but still does it. I've checked through the other threads but can't find anything that works. I've done a "rebuild defaults". One difference I can see from Elmer's set-up is that in the Audio/Midi Setup window on "midi" the mLan Network icon shows 1's above each connection not 0's as described but I can't work out how to change that.

I have found an apparent fix in that in the environment I have disconnected "sum" from the keyboard and connected 01x:2 to it. If I connect 01x:1 then the fault is still there so the signals are coming on on 01x:1. I don't know if they're supposed to and what to do to put things right. The environment fix is obviously a bodge and I'd like to find the problem and put it right. Also, it'll be a pain having to do it every time I open a project.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Post Extras:

ElmerJFudd
Guru
Loc: USA

(01/10/10 09:36 AM)

Edit - Reply

Re: midi note signals from conroller
The 1's and 0's in my environment are because I have multiple mLAN units (01X, i88x, i88x). So don't worry about that.

The 01X sends controller data (transport buttons, etc.) on mLAN port 1.
mLAN port 4 is used for SM2 data (endless stream of sysex messages).
On the Clicks and Ports page of the environment I always stick a cable switcher on mLAN port 4 to shut it down. But it normally is not necessary to shut down mLAN port 1.

Put the environment back to normal, just using a cable switcher to shut down mLAN port 4 from the sequencer input.

Go to Logic/Preferences/Control Surfaces/Setup

How many 01X's you have there? If there are two, delete one. If there are none, add one. Click in the center of the 01X graphic. The settings on the left will change to settings for the 01X. Make sure you have set the OUT PORT to mLAN 1 or 01X:1 or whatever it is on your setup. And set the INPUT the same, mLAN:1.

See how far that gets you and report back.

White MacBook '09 (4gb RAM), OSX.5.8, v.1.2 mLAN tools, Logic 9, 01X, S90ES, i88x & i88x

Post Extras:

ricw
Newcomer

(01/10/10 09:50 AM)

Edit - Reply

Hi Elmer, thanks for such a fast response. OK, I've done all that and the problem's still there.

Perhaps I should have mentioned I've got mLan 1.2 and I'm running Logic on an iMac with 4 Gb of RAM running OSX 10.5.8

Post Extras:

ElmerJFudd
Guru

(01/10/10 07:46 PM)

Edit - Reply

Very strange. You say pressing the play or stop buttons will send note messages to your software instruments? And moving the faders will maybe cause pitch bend data?

White MacBook '09 (4gb RAM), OSX.5.8, v.1.2 mLAN tools, Logic 9, 01X, S90ES, i88x & i88x

Post Extras:

ricw
Newcomer

(01/11/10 12:48 AM)

Edit - Reply

Yes - stop give A5, start gives Bb5. The faders give a note then pitch bend. A lot of the other buttons also send note data.

Post Extras:

ElmerJFudd
Guru

(01/11/10 10:56 AM)

Edit - Reply

Odd, try deleting your Logic preferences and/or starting with a new Logic file. Are you familiar with where the Logic preference file is stored?

Post Extras:

Pages: 1